A short summary of the role:
As part of the agency’s agile approach to digital marketing, we’re looking for a Digital PR Manager to take ownership of content seeding and client partnership relationship building. Whilst a traditional PR background is not essential, it is favorable to getting up to speed with the demands of the role. We’re looking for a strong multi-discipline individual who is able to bring traditional PR principles and digital processes together to create something special for our clients.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- You’ll be responsible for planning Digital PR initiatives to support our client campaigns/content/marketing calendars;
- You’ll regularly research and source partners/influencers (bloggers etc), create relationships and build media databases within our key client verticals;
- You’ll use search and social insight tools to rank partners/influencers in accordance with agency/client objectives;
- You will develop client communications plans with budgets, schedules, priorities, responsibilities, and briefs; identifying key influencers (such as blogs, social media profiles, potential partners etc) that will help increase our client’s online visibility across their specific industries.
- You’ll be comfortable with liaising (and developing relationships) with in-house client PR personnel and PR agencies – becoming the direct link between the agency and our client’s external agencies;
- You’ll be working with several internal agency teams to collaborate on creative ideas and processes;
- Keeping up to date with our industry (trends and practices) – attending events if required;
- Keeping up to date with our client’s industries and competitor activity.
What knowledge/skills will you have:
- 2-3 years PR/Digital experience;
- Strong communication/relationship building skills;
- Strong copywriting skills/writing for online audiences;
- Strong planning and organizational skills – with the ability to be proactive/reactive on projects/campaigns;
- Research and evaluation;
- Understanding of how to develop media relations;
- People and client management;
- Internal communications;
- Eagerness to learn about new initiatives, tactics, processes within your field;
- Confidence to build relationship with stakeholders/staff at all levels;
- A strong, charismatic networker who isn’t afraid of picking up the phone.